Repairs T’s & C’s
Procedures, fees & t’s and c’s for book ins
BOOK IN PROCEDURES
Applicable when booking in any and all hardware
Before we assess or send your hardware in for repairs, kindly note that an assessment fee of R 735.00 excl VAT is charged should the quotation to repair be rejected. This fee is charged for the labour of assessing the unit. A traveling fee of R 450.00 excluding VAT is charged for collection and delivery of the unit.
Timeline breakdown from book in, to collection:
- Diagnostics: The unit usually remain in this state for 2 – 5 business days. Thereafter a quotation is sent to repair, reload, or replace the unit which is only valid for 1 week (7 days).
- Parts: If the parts are sourced nationally the parts usually arrive within 5 – 7 business days (after the quotation is approved). Should parts be sourced internationally it may take anywhere from 10-15 business days or more for the parts to arrive.
- In Progress: Once the parts are received the repair takes 3 – 5 days for the unit to be repaired.
- Quality Control: The unit is sent to quality control the same day the repair is completed and can take up to 1 business day.
Significant delays can be caused by, but not limited to, the following:
- Striking: Courier services striking.
- Parts being dead on arrival: In the event of a part being a dud, the part will need to be returned to the supplier and a new part ordered.
- Part shortages: In rare cases the unit is returned unrepaired and the repair centre will advise when the unit may be rebooked once parts are available and have arrived.
BOOK IN TERMS & CONDITIONS
PLEASE READ THROUGH THE BELOW TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY
- MacRoots (Pty) Ltd will not be held liable for any loss or damage to customer data!
- All backups of data must be done prior to the unit being collected for assessment to repair.
- Quotations are only valid for 7 business days. Units not approved will be collected from the repair centre and will need to be booked in and requoted.
- Rejected repair quotations will carry an assessment fee of R 735.00 excl VAT.
- All assessments to repair carry a traveling fee of R 450.00 excluding VAT for collection and delivery of the unit.
- Should there be any additional travelling due to quotes expiring, or the unit being collected and rebooked in for any reason, additional travel fees will apply.
- Software is not covered by hardware Vendors warranty terms and conditions where applicable. All Software related issues will be billed for separate from the assessment to repair hardware.
- MacRoots (Pty) Ltd reserves the right to scrap and send any unit/equipment that is not collected within 21 calendar days of completion, or notice to collect being sent, for recycling.
- Units must remain with MacRoots (Pty) Ltd and cannot be released until repaired and payment in full has been received.
- Computer User Password is to be supplied for diagnostics and testing.
- Pricing on all hardware and repair parts are subject to change due to the ROE and external factors.
Last Editted: 14 March 2023